The strategic tide has turned (no pun intended) and the Soviets are pushing west.
From the release announcement:
Dying days of the Stalingrad Campaign saw the Wehrmacht reeling under
heavy blows. The battle of Kursk will now see them pursue an offensive
agenda for one last time. Soon after, as the strategic initiative swings
in favor of the Soviets, you are tasked with liberating the motherland
in command of victorious Red Army forces.
- Gigantic Soviet campaign featuring 17 scenarios
- Two standalone Axis scenarios including Zitadelle, the Battle of Kursk
- Four dedicated PvP scenarios including the tightly contested Korsun Pocket
- 39 different types of units modelled, including Panther and T-34/85 armor
- Heavy-hitting late war specialist steps such as ISU-122 and Tiger II
- Great for modding, with Unity of Command 1.04 featuring a scenario editor
Some screenshots from the press package follow.
Those two last screenshots are from the scenario editor, which I browsed very briefly tonight. I quickly rushed to have a game before calling it a day. I chose the attack on Berlin 1945 one and boy it is hard as the Soviets to capture those objectives ... While in the countryside everything is good, with good opportunities for break through and envelopment. I have the upper hand in numbers as the attacker after all. But actually capturing the objectives (urban terrain) is another matter!
More gameplay notes coming soon.