Monday, April 6, 2009

Contemporary Military Thinkers: William S. Lind

Mr. Lind is an outstanding scholar and military thinker. His seminal work on "third and fourth generation warfare" will be part of the study of warfare for generations to come.

While I don't subscribe to his cultural conservatism and immigration views (I am an immigrant to the US from Argentina, legal immigrant if you are reading this, Mr. Lind : ) ), his articles on military matters are visionary.

His book Maneuver Warfare Handbook is one of those books to which I always come back to re-read and find something I missed or haven't thought enough about.

He writes a column in the Defense and National Interest website (see it also listed in my "Blogs of Interest" section) named "On War" (link to this week's On War here).


Cheers,

No comments: