As a download/module for Flaming Cliffs 3.0, this is not a study sim where the virtual pilot pushes every button in the virtual cockpit. But the avionics and systems are not as simplified as in the Thirdwire series.
The main selling points of Su-27 are listed in Eagle Dynamics' website:
- A professional level flight model provides unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this amazing aircraft.
- A true model of the Su-27 flight control system that allows you to perform the “cobra” and other “out of the envelope” manoeuvres.
- Updated Head Down Display (HDD) with more realistic data link and navigation modes.
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit.
- Accurate Su-27 Flanker model, squadron markings, and weapons.
|Taking off, afterburners full out. Good times!|
|The DCS engine has been updated too. No improvement in visuals was claimed in the changelog, but hell it looks awesome every single time!|
|The 6DoF cockpit pays off for target searching and landings. I have been landing at angles of attack so high that I need to move my virtual pair of eyes ahead and watch over the nose of the Flanker.|
|Flying into the sun during a fine summer evening in the Caucasus District.|
|This cockpit is ready for becoming clickeable!|
|New paint jobs, including squadron specific ones are available with this module.|
|One of the new assets is the improved heads down display (HDD). This screenshot was taken while approaching for landing.|
|Well, nothing lets the steam off better than blowing defenseless targets with the cannon. In my defense, I succeeded managing my airspeed low enough to not overshoot this slow target.|
|The flight model is noticeable different and more challenging. Landing feels less on rails and more natural.|
|Watch out for your airspeed when landing. In this screenshot, I am trying hard to brake the Flanker.|