This may not be exactly news for many of you out there ... But here it is nonetheless, from eArmor:
ARMOR magazine is the Armor Branch’s professional-development bulletin, printed quarterly and found on-line athttp://www.benning.army.mil/armor/eARMOR/.
- Provides a forum to assist the Chief of Armor in explaining Army doctrine, policy or other definitive information;
- Enables the exchange of information and ideas, thereby enhancing mission-related professional dialogue between the Armor School and Armor Branch soldiers;
- Provides professional development to leaders and Soldiers;
- Encourages esprit de corps through our Distinctive Unit Insignia series.
eARMOR is ARMOR’s Web-based operation, of course, but more, eARMOR as a portal:
- Provides enhanced research capability through linkage with Donovan Research Library’s digital collections (coming soon; eARMOR is in its infancy at initial operating capability (IOC) now);
- Posts articles not published in ARMOR (available on the Web only) biweekly to make information available in a more timely manner and locate Armor-related news in a centrally accessible place;
- Reinforces branch esprit de corps by offering a heritage section with an historical article series not found in ARMOR as well as ARMOR’s popular “Featured Unit”;
- Exploits the wealth of historical knowledge ARMOR readers have with the “historical series” (featuring notable Armor leaders as well as Armor-related battles, battlefields and equipment, for instance);
- Provides a central location for links to Armor School social-media presences that will enable the Armor community to better navigate the Internet for Armor-specific information;
- Provides (in the future) Armor-centric multimedia products such as videos and slide presentations to give visually oriented people information in the format they prefer.