The rattling of main guns and machine guns of German infantry-armor teams in the west flank, south and west of "The Factory" objective, prompts me to take out of the line some of my exhausted troops and replace them with other Calgarians, barely in better shape, from other parts of the sector. They hold against German fire and at least one assault. With the Black Watch struggling to move the center line forward, all eyes are upon the the Royal Hamilton Regiment and their assault on Verrieres.
(1) The Calgary Highlanders have gone through some reorganization in order to withstand the German combined arms assault.
(2) The Black Watch Regiment can't shake out a single German position. After all German combat units have been eliminated, the remainder HQ team holds ground with fanatical determination.
(3) Attacking by fire with the Cromwell tanks is working better than assaulting ... (X in legend refers to an eliminated German unit).
(4) A relatively slow but unstoppable push onto Verrieres by the Royal Hamilton Regiment will end in a successful assault on the objective. As mentioned in the previous entry, caution was not in short supply because of the German Panther tanks in the south.
(5) Sherman and Fireflies from the 1st Hussars Regiment and from the Sherbrooke Fusiliers Regiment keep pouring fire on the German trench system west of Verrieres.
|(1) Note the "Verrieres" objective, now in our hands. The window on top shows the victory screen: I wanted to check how many casualties I have already.|