Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DCS: A-10C Warthog - The Release Dance

I downloaded and installed the release version of DCS A-10 Warthog. Took the hog for a brief flight. I have a lot of things to set up yet, like the HOTAS. Started to port some old missions that I edited in the beta.  I'm exhausted and can't write. But extremely pleased with the release version.



Off topic: thanks for all the comments I have received on other recent posts. I will get back to you, guys. I'm keenly interested in what you wrote.

Cheers,

4 comments:

UsF said...

Good to hear, but I am also interested in the DRM they use. Do you or any other reader have some info about that?

Jerry said...

I am very tempted, but I just picked up Falcon 4: AF, and Lock On Platinum and I imagine it will take forever to get up to speed on those games. Your blog has got me tempted with this and Steel Beast Pro PE.

JC said...

Thanks for your comments, gents!

@ USF: DRM is activation-based. You activate after installation. No need to be online to play. You are given a number of activations (don't remember how many), which are spent when you change computers or major computer parts like hard drives or motherboards.

@ Jerry: Take your time. Both are great flight simulators. F4AF is a world in itself. Let me know how it goes for you.

Cheers,

kylania said...

I've not confirmed that this is how it is in retail, but it was supposed to work this way:

After x amount of weeks you'd "regain" your activation use. So as long as you weren't changing PCs every week you'd never need to worry about it.

Also if you do somehow use them all up, you can always just poke customer service and they'll reset them for you.