Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hasty Defense of Built-Up Area by a Marine Squad, the "Close Combat Marines" Edition

The background story for the firefight described here is more or less the same as in a previous entry. This time I'm using Close Combat Marines, scenario 1-1a.

The enemy patrols are advancing south, and my Marine Squad is to stop them. My Marine Sqd is reinforced with medium machine gun (MMG).

Hasty defense fire plan. KZ stands for "kill zone" and FT for fire team. Click the image for an expanded view.

Kicking butt at KZ 1, but getting uneasy about enemy advancing towards KZ2. Click the image for an expanded view.

Moving the MMG to an alternate firing position to deal with the threat at KZ 2. The blue dots are waypoints. Click the image for an expanded view.

Endgame: we stopped the enemy but suffered one KIA and one wounded in 3rd FT. Click on the image for an expanded view.

The 3rd fire team suffered casualties because I jumped the gun. While the MMG was re-deploying, I couldn't get a good LOS on the enemy from the 2nd FT. Anxious about the enemy advancing too far, I unleashed the guns from the 3rd FT on them. The enemy was not overwhelmed with my fire and responded.

Cheers,

No comments: